What's your 'Out the Door' price?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. mamiata1

mamiata1 Active Member

Out the door with everything - tax, title, documentation fees and even 125 bucks for wheel locks that they kind of snuck in on me just under $25,900. That's Z plan with a $1000 rebate. Not bad, I suppose, but when I try to compare the total out the door price that MSRP would have been with what I actually paid my Z plan discount only works out to between 500 and 600 bucks. And I thought it should be more like 1400 to 1500 bucks. Oh and my car has the Recaro seats, moonroof and navigation system. And those dang wheel locks won't even work on my winter wheels.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. jariten

jariten Member

23653 was before trade in. Knock 3400 off that then add TTL and that's the check I wrote.
  4. Thanks. That's kind of what I thought. Wouldn't be a good deal the other way. So $23,653 for a totally loaded Fiesta ST. Not bad I'd say. Though you didn't want any of those options, how do you like having them?
  5. jariten

jariten Member

Wheels will just be sold (don't like 17 inch wheels on a car this small, getting 15s for winter and 15s or 16s with summers when it warms up). The moonroof and nav are certainly 'nice to haves'. I'll use them and so far I enjoy them fine, but I wouldn't miss them if they weren't there.
  6. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I could have lived without the nav and mr myself especially that the mr reduces head room. But it was the only way to get tux blk with mo recs without ordering in my area.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I didn't want the nav either, but it's a pretty decent system and i've used it several times. I was planning on using Nokia Drive+ on my phone, but the builtin is nice. It was also the only way to get the other options I wanted without ordering a car.
  8. Just received a quote for $19,828 for a base Fiesta ST before $795 delivery fee, $200 document fee and tax title etc. I assume that includes the current $1000 rebate, but it wasn't mentioned in the email. I have a $500 secret cash coupon, so I can use that as well. Will be interesting what the dealer says about secret cash. Like I mentioned before, I called Ford and they said secret cash is in addition to my best negotiated deal. So bring it out at the end of negotiations. More or less pulling $500 out of my arse. Their email did mention military and student $500 off if I qualify so I should be OK with the secret cash. Would love to get the price down below $19k before delivery fee, taxes, tags etc.

Deal also comes with the following:

* Two Years Maintenance Plan

* Lifetime Engine Plan

* Lifetime Multi- Point Inspections

* Lifetime Towing

* Lifetime Car Washes

* Lifetime Shuttle Service

* Pickup & Delivery Service

* Lifetime Inspections & Body Shop Estimates

Pretty tempting to say the least. However this dealer is out of state for me so unfortunately most of the above extras won't apply.

I won't get up to the dealer until after Thanksgiving. Hoping end of the month gets me an even a better deal. Maybe another $500 off last day of the month?? That would put it under $19k. Time will tell. IF the car is even available that is.

This is the best deal I have found so far on a base Fiesta ST. $19,328 AFTER secret cash for the car but PLUS $795 delivery, tax, title, $200 admin fee.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  9. JP6

JP6 Member

Just put my order in yesterday. White ST with Recaro package, $1500 Black Friday incentive + costco pricing came out to $21,760 before taxes.
    Smokin likes this.
  10. Phinnegan

Phinnegan New Member

Black, wheels, seats, moonroof, $25360 msrp, $23848 sale price, $25720 otd. with 0% financing. Could be better, definitely could be worse.
  11. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

I paid $22,105 out the door (tax, title and license included). Only options were sunroof and painted wheel/calipers.
  12. pelotonracer2

And I got that price with no haggling. The secret is to make the dealers compete against each other. Find 5-10 dealers in your area. Write them all an email (I can provide a template if anyone needs one). Request their absolute best *out the door price* on the vehicle equipped as you want it. TELL THEM you are sending the same email to 10 different dealers. They only get ONE chance to get your business. Some dealers took me seriously and were all within $100.00 of each other, others still tried to bamboozle me (I only wrote back to dealers with the top three deals). Yeah, I could have probably received an even better deal IF I were to want to spend hours having my intelligence insulted over and over again by negotiating the price, but this works, it's painless and you are literally in and out of the dealership with your new car in just a little over an hour. :) MSRP on the sticker was $23,337. Just make sure that the dealer doesn't play with the numbers and you end up paying more than what you were quoted. That's why it's a very good idea to NEVER use negotiations based on your monthly car payment, ever. Likewise, never mention a trade-in BEFORE you negotiate the price of your new car. The FiST is my 49th new car since 1986. Also keep in mind that after you've negotiated an OTD price for your new car, it is the finance persons job to make more money with extended service plans, maint. plans, and other more useless fluff. Most of them are smooth talking, and could sell you a pile of dirt (because you need it). Beware. :p
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  13. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Pelotonracer isnt yours a lease?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  14. pelotonracer2

Yes, but you still negotiate the price of the car as if you are purchasing it. :)
  15. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Got mine for $22,000 out the door. Found several I liked at different dealerships and worked them against each other. Did everything via email- only thing I did in person was sign and drive away. That's definitely the way to do it because you can do everything on your terms and timeline. Felt I got a good deal because I was expecting to pay MSRP ($23,000) plus destination ($795), tax ($1,550), tag and dealership fees ($500) and ended up getting the whole package at nearly $1k below invoice.
  16. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

$22,022 without TTL for a Recaro package + navigation order. I got a decent but not fantastic trade in offer for my Prius (which isn't reflected in the previous price), which was better than any other dealer within 400 miles. I also got free oil changes/car washes/loaner vehicles for as long as I own the car.
  17. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Sticker $22790; X-Plan +$500 cash back= $21790 less $8500 for my 2010 Fusion trade; plus tax.
    48 months at 3%= $321/month.

I was paying $496 for the GTI. Savings of $175 per month.....

Edit: When I actually signed the papers, the total cash back, including the x-plan was $1808.00 off the MSRP. It included the Holiday Dream Big deal. Delivery is this weekend...
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  18. chalituna

chalituna Member

just got $21840 with all fees and tax. Not a single option on it though...
  19. Well this page boosted my confidence! I just got home from signing all the papers, Ill take delivery on my 2014 Race Red on friday. I ended up paying 5 dollars UNDER invoice! I got the car base, so no recaros or nav, but after my 1500 in rebates I paid something like 20,280.00 so after tax and dealer fees including window etching I think I paid 22k and change
  20. Anyone buy out of state and know how the tax situation works? I'm told to just get "temp tags" from the dealer and then register the car in my own state and pay local taxes. So don't pay any local taxes at out of state dealer. But the dealers in the states I'm looking to buy in (MD or VA) want to charge me a full 8% tax. However in SC, the auto taxes are capped at $300. These dealers aren't going for that. I've never purchased a car from another state so not sure how this works. I don't want to be double taxed, nor do I want to pay above the SC $300 tax cap. But they are all fighting me hard on this. Downright sucks!
  21. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I'm on the Kansas-Missouri border and you pay the sales tax for the state you are registering the car in. For me that's Kansas. However, the last car I bought in Missouri, the dealer collected the sales tax and paid Kansas directly. Seems low lifes on the other side of the state were buying cars in Missouri but living in Illinois and not registering them in Illinois. The state came back on the dealers and cost them tons....