What's your 'Out the Door' price?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. jimlau

jimlau Member

Way to go, sounds like you got the same car as me for about $2,100 less! What rebate/savings did you have? I'm still happy with my car, but that's a pretty big difference.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Removed

Removed Guest

That's how it is. I knew when I pre-ordered the car I would be paying more, having it early. I got (at the time, Sept. of last year) a good deal, but waiting 6 months would have saved me a good $2-3k.

4. capt4inslow

capt4inslow New Member

that is an amazing deal!

5. eeboxer

eeboxer New Member

I believe it was $1500 worth of president's day incentives and $500 student discount (gf's). now, about this mortgage.

jimlau likes this.
  6. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

(also posted on FiestaSTForum.com)

I used this site to help me figure out what people are paying for the ST so I'll share what I ended up paying. I'll share my experience and hope it helps new buyers as you guys have helped me.

After test driving a fully loaded ST, I realized that a base white ST was exactly what I wanted. Recaros would have been nice, but I could not justify $2000.00 for seats. Add any other options and I'd start looking at cars in the 25-30k price range such as the 2015 GTI thats coming out. I knew I had to order one as there was only one white one in the surrounding area but that came with the gray wheels. And although 375 isn't a alot, I'm taking that money and buying a 2nd set of rims. 2 sets = better than 1 set that I wasn't crazy about.

I had emailed about 15 dealers asking for them to email me with their best OTD price, and letting them know I would be doing the same for 14 other dealers. Most dealers called me right away, which already pissed me off as I said email me. Every dealer that called for the most part gave me MSRP pricing, and I told them they did not take my inquiry serious and I will not be doing business with them or lied saying they had a base white one in stock. A handful e-mailed with generic info on a base fiesta saying come in so we can best suit your needs and offered a Fiesta SE MSRP of like 14,000. I took them off my list. A few emailed me with competitive offers and said they could do invoice, but then add on some BS 300$ fee. Finally one dealer beat them all.

I ended up with a price of $21,725.00. I then used the Ford private cash coupon that I got from requesting a brochure ($500). Price 21,225. NY tax 1830.65. Tire recycling 12.50. Nys inspection $10. Gas fee 25$. $75.00 title fee (maximum allowed by NY). I then had taken 0% financing which also included 500$ off and 500$ competitive loan.
    This brought the final OTD price to 22,178.15. The only thing left is the plate fees from DMV that will run about $180, but that is a DMV fee.

Had I chosen not to take 0% and taken ford's financing that starts at 3.9% I could have gotten an additional 1000$ off. $21,178.15 OTD. However I don't have the cash to pay it off right away and even if I refinanced through my bank at 1.6% I'd still pay close to 1000$ in interest unless of course I paid it off early. But with 0% I put nothing down and will have 60 months to pay it off.

I think this is a good price as my starting Price was $165.00 below the invoice price 21,890.25. (20598, 825 delivery, 39 fuel, 428 adv) and 500$ below MSRP, not a huge difference from MSRP to Invoice on this car. Just about every dealer said they could not go any lower than invoice as they would just be breaking even. This is BS because the dealer I went through was below that invoice, and I got them to throw in free All Weather ST mats (100$ value). I'm happy with the deal and other than a few emails I did no negotiating. Walked in signed the paperwork and was out in 30 minutes.

7. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Which dealer in NY?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

Stevens 112 in Patchogue

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Welcome and Congrats

10. John

John New Member

I picked up my FiST in the beginning of january, 40 miles on it.
    -Navigation
    -Sunroof
    -Regular ST seats

OTD price was $21,100
    Dealer sold me the car for invoice price
    -$1,000 incentive
    -$3,500 for trade in

djdennehy and LuvfiestaST like this.
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

NIce Job..

12. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

Just rereading all of these posts, interesting to see that these guys are selling for $20-22k... such a bargain... Any idea how many are expected to be sold in 2014? I still hardly see any in the Pittsburgh area (I like having a rare car).

13. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Fully loaded ST in Toronto selling for $29000

14. STGarage

STGarage New Member

Black, Recaros, Sunroof, Rado Grey wheels/Red Calipers, $23,000 +TTL+Dest. had $1000 incentive. turned down the $500 from ford motor credit because they had horrible interest rates....which would have costs thousands in the long run. No one remembers. .. that's why they do this.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  15. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Either you meant $1000 in incentives or you meant $1000k which is $1,000,000. Lol

STGarage likes this.
  16. You understand after 3 months of purchasing your vehicle when you finance through Ford you can refinance your new car loan. (I believe Ford Credit requires 3 payments to do this) The banks/credit unions will still view this car as new so you can get 1.99% or whatever their best deal is at the time. No matter it will be way below the Ford Credit rate. But you get the $500 off for financing through Ford Credit up front off the price, and then save tons after you refinance.

Don't lose that $500. You can make it up down the road.

17. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Hard to get better than 0%!

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  18. Noah

Noah Member

I just Stalked all your posts to find out about your profile picture. 69 E? That's awesome! I'm a huge fan of Porsches! on all other forums I frequent, by alias is Noahtheporscheguy, but I figured it wouldn't be appropriate here.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

19. Irsinn

Irsinn New Member

Not to take this thread off topic but we've had VW's and Porsches in my family since the 50's (German immigrants). My older brother bought a new '65 911 when I was 11 years old... That was all I needed, I was hooked.

Had he bought a Corvette who knows? He almost bought a 289 Shelby Cobra, I kinda wish he would have...

20. Kap

Kap Member

Ah, a fellow Long Islander! I haven't seen another FiST on the road yet, but if you happen to see a blue one cruising around in Suffolk, there's a good chance that it'll be me. :cool:

21. RKTFiST

RKTFiST New Member

I paid $22,498 with destination before tags, taxes, and title fees for an ingot silver car with Recaros, navigation, and painted wheels & calipers. That sounds kinda high, but I got 0% financing and got full NADA trade in pricing on my Prius, so I'm more than okay with my deal. I bought someone else's factory order when they bailed on it. That price is without private cash.

I bought one off a dealer lot and need to cancel my order this week from another local dealer that hasn't been communicative, and when they have, weren't very truthful, either.