Who has the most miles on their FiST so far?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Bavarian, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Etyrnus

Etyrnus New Member

One year and 18k miles of joy.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RevinRed302

RevinRed302 Member

4 days ago, 70 miles...

4. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

14 months, 9000 miles. Doing well.

5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Saw in a different place a guy posted up he was going to start modding his fist now the he had 80K miles on and the warranty was up.. Me I don't even have 8K on my FiST of 17 months LOL (but i do know it intimately!!!)

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  6. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

I'm at 10 months old with 24k KMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Bavarian

Bavarian Member

Haven't had the speaker issue again.. fluke?

8. Jonnyz

Jonnyz Member

10 months and 19k miles so far

9. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

36k miles, so it has just dropped off the warranty.

10. SilFister

SilFister Member

Celebrating our six-month anniversary today and 2870 miles on her so far as it's mostly a weekend car. No issues to report (and at this mileage level there shouldn't be).

11. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Thanks for letting me know, Bavarian. Should this issue ever occur again, please don't hesitate to reach out; I'll be here. Enjoy that ST! :)

Nick

12. csaites

csaites New Member

74.5 K

13. DayJ

DayJ New Member

^^^ How?!

14. Bavarian

Bavarian Member

I rolled 50,000 miles yesterday.

DayJ likes this.
  15. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Only 15k on mine and had it since nov 2013

16. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

41,000 in 21 months

17. Apex

Apex New Member

Only 48000 miles since buying on April 21 2014. Bone stock auto crosser and DD (obviously). Only mods are TB Performance 2 pt bar, Michelin PIlot SS and currently first (HS) At our local autox. Still a fantastic car with little signs of wear or degradation in performance. My job requires me to drive 1100 miles a week miles a week so the miles have add up quickly. The way I see it is that this car was meant to driven and abused as commuter cars. I see plenty of fleet vehicles in Fiestas because they're solid, frugal and reliable. At this rate I should be at 100k this time next year and no worries whatsoever. I just switched to Shell Rotella T6 after using Motorcraft synthetic blend for the first 10k and then using Mobil 1 synthetic. I will doing a transmission oil change with Motul at 50k. Does anyone know when it would be best to change the spark plugs, brake fluid, and coolant?

18. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Ford maintenance interval requires the spark plugs & coolant to be changed at 100,000 miles.

Astonishingly, Ford has no change interval required for the brake fluid, ever! But I know BMW requires the fluid to be changed every two years. Since brake fluid has a tendency to absorb moisture and then corrode anything it comes in contact with, I change my fluid every two years like BMW. Those ABS components wouldn't work too well when rusty, and the fluid boiling point gets lowered with the addition of moisture.

LT Berzerker likes this.
  19. LT Berzerker

LT Berzerker Active Member

Wondering when I should change all the Bushings to poly... Car still feels super tight with 33k on it... And how long the stock shocks will hold up?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

20. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Figure on beginning to feel the shocks wear at about 35k or so.

My ST just passed 41k miles and I'm trying to convince myself that I can wait till 50,000 to change the shocks. Vehicles with stiffer springs (like our ST) exhibit worn shock symptoms a little bit differently than cars with softer springs and it can sometimes be difficult to detect if you're not driving vigorously. So when I'm commuting, I never notice it, but if I up the velocity a bit, then the handling begins to feel a little jittery.

21. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Just passed 73K on mine in under 2 years. Cobb stage 3 and no issues. Love this car!