Who is from the North East?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by FiestaST, Sep 4, 2013.

1. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Just trying to see who is from the North East. I am from NY and would like to find some local people. Maybe next spring/summer set up a meet somewhere. So if anyone is from PA, NY, CT, MA, RI, NJ etc.. post here!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Steve

Steve New Member

Buffalo, NY

4. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Northampton pa here.

5. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

nice! Buffalo is a hike though you better get snow tires asap lol.....I am in Poughkeepsie, NY....

6. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Ive got snow tires for my 16's i use on my focus.

7. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Oh perfect! I need to find a winter set once my car arrives in November

8. Steve

Steve New Member

Ya, I want Firestone Winterforce. I've used them on my Civic for the last 7 years and I love them. But I need to figure out if I can put smaller rims on the Fiesta and find a tire size that will work that they come in. They don't come in the stock size or anything close to it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Winterforce

9. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

thanks for the info. I am also looking for rims to put on. It would be much easier to put on beater rims/tires in the winter then putting new tires on stock rims every winter. I also have to investigate what will fit. let me know if you find anything good.

10. Steve

Steve New Member

I'd really like to find steelies that would fit or a set of rims that have a full inner section and not spokes. I've ran my 5 spokes in the winter for a bit before and it really sucks when snow/ice accumulates on the rims and you get on the thruway. Feels like the car is going to vibrate itself apart. Had to pull over and knock the snow/ice off.

11. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Yup ive had this happen before.

12. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

You forgot about Ohio =P

I've only been able to find a couple different tires that will fit the ST so far because of the odd tire size. Firestone and Bridgestone have a few options

These are good on snow/ice and are from Bridgestone http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...BZWS60XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

13. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Waterbury, CT I've got some 16x7's I plan to wrap with some winter tires. Got Nokians to be mounted on them. Got to have good snows here as we have a lot of hills in town.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  14. S2r

S2r New Member

You forgot Maine :)

15. tommy

tommy New Member

Westwood, NJ here (NE corner, almost at the NYS border)

Do what I did on my current car - get winter tires on your stock rims. That way, you're forcing yourself to get a lighter set of aftermarket rims in the spring. :D

lill2012 likes this.
  16. rempwnz

rempwnz New Member

Manalapan, NJ here

17. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

When everyone gets their ST's, we will have to form a little group for the Northeast and have meets!

18. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Yup this will need to happen.

19. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

I agree! Lets do it next spring or summer.... Maybe Atlantic city would be a nice spot? Kind of in the middle and there is a lot to do (drink/gamble lol)

20. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Ye sounds like a nice spot.

21. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

We need to start recruiting more northeast people so we can get a group discount.