Who is from the North East?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by FiestaST, Sep 4, 2013.

1. 2XIPA

2XIPA New Member

Buffalo, NY - just picked up my ST today

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Congrats and welcome to the club! Feels great doesn't it? Make sure you invest in some winter tires

4. 2XIPA

2XIPA New Member

I was lucky enough to work in a set of Blizzaks when I bought the car that will use the current rim

5. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I was thinking about doing that until I talked to someone from tire rack and they said it's better to go with a smaller tires for winter. I'm still not sure what I want to do yet. I can get the Blizzaks for $517 or 4 Firestone Winterforce tires with steel rims (already mounted) for $575

6. 2XIPA

2XIPA New Member

I was debating the smaller tires too, but I got the 4 blizzacks for about $400 packaged into my deal and from my researching I couldn't find the right size for the smaller tire and rim combo. The size listed in the FiST manual seems to be an irregular 16" size and I wasn't sure if the size of the spare tire would work. I'll just make sure to give the rims a nice wax before the snow starts falling. My dealer is also letting me use his "employee discount" to get the winters balanced and mounted

7. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

8. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

RodMoe likes this.
  9. 2XIPA

2XIPA New Member

Wish I would have known a few days ago about the tire/rim combos on tirerack, but the tirerack route with the steel rims would still be more than I paid, and being on a budget I couldn't really pay more than what I already did.. Anyway, I guess I'll have to be extra diligent in removing snow/ice in the wheel well and rim

10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

[quote="2XIPA, post: The size listed in the FiST manual seems to be an irregular 16" size[/quote]

That size is for if you want to run snow chains.

11. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Can you give me the link to the tire/rim combo... I want steelies for winter. Thanks

12. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

13. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

14. Removed

Removed Guest

15. 2XIPA

2XIPA New Member

Do you need to install TPMS into the steel rims?

16. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

In BC Canada you have to by law. I just ordered some Winter 185/60/15's with steelies along with TPMS's

17. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

What is TPMS?

18. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

The ST comes with it and so if you don't want a light on on your dash all time you will need to get them for using winter wheels. Then you will have to have them reset each time you do a tire swap.

19. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

System works well in my wifes Focus...she noticed the bright light on her dash, not the fact that one of her tires was down to 12psi from a slow leak :rolleyes:

20. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Do you have to get it no matter what tires you get?

21. Bdud

Bdud New Member

In the Fiesta ST Supplement Booklet, you can find it online with a search, it only lists the standard size and 195/45 R16 for winter tires. I suppose as long as the overall diameter / revs per mile are close, the speed and mpg should still be accurate.
    From tire rack specs, the 205/45R16 seems to be close in the 16" size.
    I would not want to go with a higher ratio sidewall and lose the sporty ride / look.
    Franklin MA.