Who is from the North East?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by FiestaST, Sep 4, 2013.

1. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

It depends on the law where you are. But basically yes you do. If your law does not require them and you don't get them your low pressure light will be on all the time.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Isn't that already built into the car? I don't really understand it lol

4. 2XIPA

2XIPA New Member

I believe they are put in the rims, so if you use a different rim you need to get it installed on the new rim.. I think on tirerack it was an extra $128 to install on the steel rims or so.. I'm just gonna stick with the normal 17" snow tires I got from the dealer that fit on the regular rim, so here's hoping for a mild winter in Buffalo ha

5. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Ok so I don't have to get them cause I'm just gonna get the blizzaks from tire rack and keep the factory wheels on. Then in the summer I plan on buying black rims so I will just have to get the sensors then

6. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Yup sounds like a plan.

7. Slip

Slip Member

Currently located in Baltimore, MD - but I was born and raised in Middletown, NY (just a stones throw from you in Poughkeepsie). I'm up there once a month or so visit the parents.

8. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Sweet! Not to far from Pok at all! I def want to set up a meet somewhere up here in the spring if there are enough people

9. Slip

Slip Member

I'm still sticking to modding my 2011 SES, but maybe the wife will have her ST by then and we can both head on up. We could always do something like meet at the Bear Mountain Cruise one night.

10. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Sounds good that's close to me ! Keep in touch

11. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Im in NYC and have one ordered but might pick up a more expensive one on Monday. Since i dont live in a house my apartment space is limited and cant store rims and tires so my only choice is to buy all season high performance tires. Hopefully i can get decent money back for the stock tires from craigslist or a flat fix (doubt it). Im looking to get wider 215 width for curb rash protection and extra damper from the slighlty meatier tires because NYC streets are Horrendous...its a challenge driving here.

12. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Yes NYC is tough I have also been commuting on the NYS thruway the past couple days and I'm waiting for a truck to throw a rock back at me :( and speaking of curb rash I hit the curb today it was dark so I couldn't see if it scratched. It's going to be a long day at work thinking about it lol

13. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

That sucks!

14. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I'm in East Hampton, CT and I'm in for wherever we want to do a meet. Lets make it somewhere where we can go for a drive. How about somewhere they're having an autocross? Wouldn't it be cool to storm an autocross with Fiesta ST's?

15. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Nice welcome to the fiestastnetwork..... I know there used to be meets in danbury back in the day. I think that's a good idea to be at an autocross event . The only one I know of is at the Nassau collision on Long Island. Are there any in ct?

16. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

There are 2 autocross organizations in CT that I know of. I ran with CARTCT several times this year in my SES. They run in the Hartford area and at Thompson speedway. I know there is another group that runs in Fairfield County. (www.fcscc.com)

17. Slip

Slip Member

I'll tell you, an autocross with a slew of ST's would be pretty awesome. I know that my modded SES is already a fair competitor when I go to the autocrosses put on by the CDC down here. Love to see what a little more power could do for times!

18. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Id just like to do an autocross. Missed my opertunity at carlise dew to improper tires.

19. Slip

Slip Member

Bah, street tires really are fine to use. Especially if you are just starting out. Stickier summer tires and R-compounds only help with speed and cornering.

20. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

Um do 3/4 worn summers on 17's up front and snow's on 16's out back count as a go ahead setup. Lol.

21. Slip

Slip Member

Absolutely! You'll wear the fronts down the rest of the way - but it's ok, you needed to replace them anyway :p