Who is from the North East?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by FiestaST, Sep 4, 2013.

1. quiznos

quiznos Member

This is my friend's green one. Fun fact for those who didn't know Saab wheels fit. uploadfromtaptalk1397420337315.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

The Black ST was me. I dont remember where exatly it was but I remember a blue FoST on the right lane from me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

4. quiznos

quiznos Member

Don't remember a blue FoST but if you were on Ben Franklin parkway earlier yupp nice to have met(?) you.

5. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

This car looks like it's from the 80s... :s

6. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Are we talkin NYC? i might be mistaken

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

7. quiznos

quiznos Member

Oh no lol Philly

8. quiznos

quiznos Member

That's exactly what I said.

9. miketank89

miketank89 Member

Just saw my first FiST on and Saturday it was awesome lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

10. johnnyquest

johnnyquest Member

I just found out I'm getting transferred to Watertown, NY in July. Looks like I'll be buying wheels and snow tires for next winter. Question for the locals: How has your FiST handled the snow this winter compared to other cars you've had? I also may purchase an old Subaru for the winter season and keep my baby in the garage. I don't have a ton of snow driving experience, but I have driven in the snow some in Arizona and Germany. I guess my biggest question is how a lightweight car with 200 hp will deal with snow and ice. My heated mirrors and Recaros will come in handy though...

JQ

11. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

This was the worst winter in recent history as far as i can remember (I'm only 23 but still) and with snow tires i had no issues at all. As long as you use common sense and drive cautiously etc. you'll be fine but snow tires are a must. Also i make sure to wash the undercarriage every couple weeks.

spangenb and johnnyquest like this.
  12. johnnyquest

johnnyquest Member

That's a good point about keeping the undercarriage clean. What do they use on the roads up there, is it actually salt or is it another chemical?

13. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

I think its just salt and sand but there might be some other stuff mixed in there.

johnnyquest likes this.
  14. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I concur. I have driven lots of things in the winter and the FiST on good snow tires does great. I also ran the Cobb econo tune which really knocks the torque and HP down. I found it to be a good combo for winter here in NW PA. Here there is definitely a ton of salt. I have been getting fluid film undercoat on my cars for a few years. Seems good, but only time will tell. I despise rust.

BlackBird and johnnyquest like this.
  15. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Another northeastern FiST here. Boston native living in CT (Formerly Srpingfield/NoHo MA area).