Whoever has an ST or has ordered one...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by mcummings182, Sep 4, 2013.

1. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Do you know how much your monthly payments are, or going to be?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

MY dealer did some math but its not 100% correct he said. With $4500 down it brings it to $325 a month if you do 84 months. around $360 for 72 months. I am in NY and with tax and my options its over $26500... Those numbers are just an estimate nothing set in stone. 84 months is way to long I think. He said when my order is close the finance department will call me and set things up. It all depends on the down payment if I do $2000 down for 72 he said payments will be around $400-$420....They did try to sell me a 13 Ford Focus ST for $399 a month but I declined.

4. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Wow that seems like more than it should be. Do you have good credit? My 2011 Fiesta is a little over $18,000 and I only pay $298 a month for 36 months.

5. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

That is obviously without running a credit report. They don't run my credit till its here and I buy it. There is a BIG difference between $18,000 and $26,500 I guess. Like I said those numbers are an estimate. I hope its cheaper then that :)

6. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

84 months. o_O

7. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Even if you do the payment calculator on Ford's site and say you put down $1500 for 36 months, payments are right around $300. I guess it all depends. My grandpa retired from Ford, so I get a slight advantage :p

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

not sure what Ford site you are using but I get a lot bigger number than 300/mo from the US ford site on a bare bones ST NO options with 0% for 36 months and $2500 down payment its still over $530 a month .. You sure you using the ST with a $500 rebate and a cost before TTL of $21695.00 ? o_O

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  9. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

I think you are smoking something mcummings182 lol there is no way its that cheap a month. I think you are confused with leasing and Financing. That is the only way the price comes down. Having your grandpa retired from Ford does not change your credit score and payment price unless you get the x-plan which still won't change it much. I just did the calculator and with $2457 down and 36 month FINANCE (not lease) it comes to $633 with upgraded wheels and seats. Those numbers don't even include Tax, Title etc....

10. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Assuming a cost of $26k out the door, $5000 down payment, 1.89% interest, the car is $477/mo on a 48 month loan. If I were doing a 36 month loan I'd be putting down a much larger initial payment, I think. At some point it's worth extending the loan period a bit to have a more manageable monthly cost.

11. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

What's financing mean then? I thought that was leasing

12. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Financing also encompasses loans toward a purchase.

13. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Financing is when you BUY it and its yours forever....Leasing is when you have it for a short time and give it back to the dealer or you can buy it out at the end of the Lease. I wouldn't expect to pay anything under $450 a month unless you have a big down payment and extend the loan.

14. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I thought buying the car was more expensive than leasing?

15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Buying the can cost more over the short term but in the end you have the car and whatever equity is left in the car (resale value) when you lease it kinda like renting but you don't get your deposit (aka down payment or amount due at signing) back when the lease is over.. both have plus's and minus's also with a lease you may not be able to do all the mods you want if that's your thing....

16. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Thanks for explaining it to him. Also you only have a certain max mileage you can go a year. Usually 10,500 miles. I drive to work 100 miles a day so that option isn't for me.

17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

We all gotta learn sometime and it may not be a him based on their profile.... I kinda like chix that dig a ST in a nice way I mean... :angel: I was playing with the lease thingy too and I guess you can adjust your yearly mileage for a price of course ... lol

18. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Actually I'm a girl :p (probably the only one on this site lol) My current Fiesta is only 10,000 miles per year for a 36 month lease. I'm already at 34,000 miles and have until June. That's why I wanna trade it in early so I don't keep going over. Now I'm afraid I'm not going to have enough money to pay for an ST :(

RodMoe likes this.
  19. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Haha your right! If it is a chick I am so sorry about my sarcastic answer before. A chick with an ST is wife material lol

RodMoe likes this.
  20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I think Audrey is around someplace so take heart you are not alone ;) If you get a good dealer maybe they can work something out. I know when I had a leased vehicle oh so many years ago it was tough keeping the miles off and I think it was a 15000 mile a yr lease :confused:

21. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

LOL well I would speak to the dealer if I was you. You can probably work something out in a lease. You are obviously trading in your current Fiesta right?