Who's getting winters?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Removed, Aug 19, 2013.

1. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

I am getting winter tires for sure! New York winters are brutal! When the car finally arrives it will be time for winter! I also want to get a second set of wheels to. Thinking just the base Fiesta wheels

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

With over 110" of snow a year, I will be surely getting snow tires. I wish my 14" wheel/tires from my 2011 Fiesta would fit on the ST. Since they won't, I will be looking at a set of 15" wheels with General ArticMax snow tires.

4. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

As of last week the Tire Rack engineers had zero info for sizing winter wheels / tires for the FiST.
    Oh and I called my insurance broker for a quote on car insurance, and all I got was Fiesta ST...hmmm no listing for that lol

5. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

The General Altimax Arctics are what I've got for the regular Fiesta, they are very good.

6. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

yes, I love them. Brandon runs them as well, and I think my friend Erik may have them on his Focus ST. They were recommended by a Rally America driver who uses them at the SnoDrift. They are cheap, hold up well, and have given me no issues. I took my 2011 down some nasty 2-tracks heading to some of the stages at the SnoDrift rally and never had a problem. I have 3 winters on them and they don't look to have any wear, and that is with a lot of handbrake turns.

captainmorbid likes this.
  7. captainmorbid

I almost wish I'd have gotten them studded though. There is a bit of ice on the highways occasionally 'round here... :)

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Must be nice to be able to run studs :shy: round here they were outlawed Decades ago. And I guess I over looked the fact I had a set of Generals for my Challenger and they were a very good snow/road tire for the price point very nice ride too... I chose something different this last time just to see if the hype matched the tires.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  9. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

10. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

11. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Looks good...4x108mm for pattern is correct I think. Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.... the spare is on a 15" steel wheel so clearance shouldn't be an issue. Whens D-Day for car delivery ? :woot:

12. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Meagan says September 17, my dealer said September 18, give or take two weeks. Getting close!

13. captainmorbid

Use caution when buying generic steel rims. I bought a set that rubbed viciously on the calipers and needed spacers to clear everything. Check the offset before buying.

Mine were 15 4x108 from Canadian Tire, they were in their system as listed to fit the Focus(pre MKIII). The Fiesta wasn't in their system.

14. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Thanks for the advice, captainmorbid.

15. captainmorbid

Anytime Tap.

16. eRic

eRic Active Member

keep in mind the spare in the Fiesta ST is a 185/60-15 tire on a 15x6" wheel with 47.5mm offset.

17. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

That's good information to save. Any idea what the offset of the stock 17" wheels is???

18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Manual page 23 under Wheels and Tires says 47.5 offset with a 63.3 center bore 17x7 with a 5.8 in backspacing, 22.5 lbs