Window Tint?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by WRC Fan, Aug 31, 2013.

?

Do you plan on tinting the windows of your new Fiesta ST?

1. Yes

103 vote(s)
    88.8%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. Roadrunner362

Roadrunner362 New Member

I went with 35% for the fronts and 20% on the rears and hatch. This picture shows the difference the best. IMG_20131223_164838_760.jpg

bryramos likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. scooby2

scooby2 New Member

I got mine tinted today (35% all around which is the max allowed in Illinois). I wish I could have gone darker in the back but overall I am satisfied.

4. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I test drove two Fiestas yesterday with dealer installed tint. A Green Envy and Molten Orange. Not sure on the tint percentage, Texas law is 25% on front so it can't be any darker than 25% there. I think it looks pretty good. I'm not sure what tint brand or type they used, probably cheapo stuff that will purple in a couple years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Roadrunner362

Roadrunner362 New Member

The tint looks good on those cars it really helps. Those dealer badges on the other hand look horrible.

6. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Yeah, unfortunately dealer stock gets some ugly dealer badges everytime. I won't be buying either one so I wasn't too worried about it. However, whoever thought the placement of the one on the orange car was actually any good has got to have been drunk... Not only is it a bad spot but it's crooked...

7. scooby2

scooby2 New Member

The dealer sticker on my car was crooked as well. I told them it could stay if they gave me an additional $1000 off. It was promptly removed when I went to pick it up. :)

k757 and Sil3nt611 like this.
  8. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Had mine done for $200 Canadian..

9. chalituna

chalituna Member

Does FiST have any windows that come tinted from the factory? Trying to see if I need to remove any before installing new one

10. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

No.

chalituna likes this.
  11. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

It would have been nice if they came tinted! Give me some legal front tint ? Yes please.

12. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Do some tints fog up more than others?? I have noticed that with all this rain lately my windows are fogging up insanely. And the AC/defogger in this car is not very good. Driving me ape shit. I don't recall it fogging this much pre-tint.

13. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Hit the max button that will clear it up in less than 5 seconds

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah, not working out that way for me. That's why I'm wondering about the tint.
    Blasting the max function seems to make it worse...

Had to roll down my window to clear the windshield, and it was pouring rain..... So you can guess how pleasant that was.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  15. chalituna

chalituna Member

I'm thinkin of spending big money on ceramic tints. Had on my last car and it was worth the price difference.

thekilowattkid likes this.
  16. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

It's totally worth it! I spent the money on my S5, and you can see (and feel) the difference.

I'm going that route on my front windshield. I'll select the lightest option available, but it will be a bit darker than the legal 70% ;)

17. chalituna

chalituna Member

i had 50% all around, including windshield, and it wasnt dark at all. I'm thinking of doing 35% this time

18. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Further up you can see my specs -- I'm a bit worried about how dark my car is! Photos are in the wheel/tire thread.

19. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

Holding off on tint for the time being, don't want legal trouble and not in love with the dark tint on black paint thing. Let's see how I feel when summer comes around, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

20. Phinnegan

Phinnegan New Member

20% all around (same as the Taco)...

fiestatint.jpg

k757, Firesail and speedprotege like this.
  21. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Looks just like mine. Also 20% all around.