Winter tire fitment

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by iLiptiKal, May 8, 2014.

1. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

I know lots of info has already been covered here on the topic of winter tires, but I haven' seen anything regarding 195/60R15. I have a set of these with one season on them that came off my '05 Focus that I traded when I picked up my FiST.

This tire has a rolling diameter of 615 mm, compared to the stock 595 mm. I have found confirmation that 215/45R17 (625 mm) don't rub, so I am assuming these will fit just fine. I'm curious if anyone else is running this setup, as I really don't want to sell them and buy a new set.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Pijun

Pijun New Member

Ran that size from day one feb. 23 to apr. 14 without any issues.
  4. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Amazing, just the news I was hoping to hear. Thank you!
  5. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

I ran 185/60r15 on stock suspension and there was still a decent bit of room for a taller sidewall. You should be fine
  6. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Ran that size tire on the Fiesta Movement ST for a few weeks while I waited on another set of snow tires. No issues. As for 215/45 17, that is pushing the limit. I tried that size on a 2010 EU Fiesta and found it was scary close to the bumper cover when the wheel was turned. Even the 215/40 17 is technically too tall to work, but I haven't had any issues with it.
    iLiptiKal likes this.