Winter Tires/ Wheel's

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Mikeygti, Aug 16, 2013.

1. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

3cm of snow forecasted for Wednesday. Guess I won't be changing over to stocks yet.. Does anybody have stocks on now in Canada?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

I think I'm booked in for April 10. I hope that's not too early!

4. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Rule of thumb I go by is change to summers when the temp is consistently over 10 degrees (Celsius).

Probably won't do the change till mid April.

5. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I will probably wait to the end of April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I'm in Kansas City, and am only changing from winter setup to summer (stock wheels and tires) tomorrow. No doubt could've gotten away with it sooner, but spring weather is an up-and-down affair around here, too. Heck, the Royals had a game snowed out last spring, so I could be doing it too early even now.

7. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

High temps, average temps, or low temps?

8. LuvfiestaST

Are the stock tires all seasons?

9. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

They're summer tires.
    P205/40-R17 Bridgestone RE050A
    summer-only tires

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  10. LuvfiestaST

Good to know.

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Foot of snow on the ground going fast into the potholes that have opened up since we cracked 35 deg F today after a couple inches of snow last night .. LOL I'll leave the snows on till they are filled

ronnie karlen and __V__ like this.
  12. LuvfiestaST

Yaaaa tires changed over and TPMS reset...

13. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Spent this morning doing same. Glad to have summer tires on again.

14. LuvfiestaST

Yes makes a difference in the ride..

15. Thibs

Thibs New Member

How do you reset the TPMS? Do you have to bring it to the dealer for that?

16. LuvfiestaST

Yes and here in Toronto it's $65 each time.. But I ordered a Ford Trigger gadget from Tire Rack and did it myself.

17. LuvfiestaST

Check out this
    Fiesta ST TPMS reset/relearn procedures

18. F1ST

F1ST Member

When I put my snows on they had a new set of TPMS sensors and I used the tool from Tire Rack to train them to the car. This weekend i put the factory wheels and tires back on. I haven't redone the procedure yet and I haven't had the warning light has not show up so far. The stock stuff was only on for one day before the swap to snows, so I didn't bother keeping track of what corner they came off the vehicle. Can the system keep track of multiple sensors? I'm assuming you don't need to redo the procedure when rotating tires so corners don't matter?

19. LuvfiestaST

M
    mine were off for 6 mths and when I put the stock rims back on I had to reprogram them.. Took 2 minutes

20. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

NO, you don't have to take it to a dealer. But you do need a tool to do it. Can get the tool from Tire Rack for about $45, I think.

Procedure as follows:
    [Edited to remove the portion that does not apply to Fiesta STs.]

If your vehicle has push-button ignition:
    1. Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle specifications.
    2. Make sure ignition button is OFF then press and release the brake pedal.
    3. Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
    4. Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.
    5. Press and release the brake pedal.
    6. Tap the ignition button once so the vehicle is OFF.
    7. Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
    8. Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.
    9. The horn should sound letting you know the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.
    10. Place the top of the FORDTRIGGER on the sidewall of the driver's side front tire in the location of the valve stem.
    11. Press the button of the FORDTRIGGER tool. The vehicle's horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.
    12. Once the horn sounds, move on to the passenger side front tire and repeat the process. Each tire should only take 30 seconds or less.
    13. After the passenger side front tire has been learned, continue on to the passenger side rear tire and finishing with the driver's side rear tire.
    14. You may now turn the ignition to OFF. If the horn does not sound, the sensors were learned successfully. If the horn sound twice, then the process must be repeated because there was a malfunction.

21. Thibs

Thibs New Member

Thanks for the info