Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts
Can I get away with running my blizzaks until the end of the week with it being low to mid 50 F? Is there any safety issues? The only thing I can think of is it hurting the tread, but I don't know a lot about tires.

Can I get away with running my blizzaks until the end of the week with it being low to mid 50 F? Is there any safety issues? The only thing I can think of is it hurting the tread, but I don't know a lot about tires.
You will be fine I know some folks that run snow tires year round up here so a few days won't be too terrible just get them off before it gets really warm or they may wear quicker then normal.. ;)

Dropped mine off at the dealership for the tire swap back to stock wheels and summer tires this morning. I might be one of the most northerly members on the site - I hope I'm not jumping the gun.

Dropped mine off at the dealership for the tire swap back to stock wheels and summer tires this morning. I might be one of the most northerly members on the site - I hope I'm not jumping the gun.
I just did mine on Monday and fear it was too soon as well. It is going to be 74 Saturday and then 42 Monday, this winter will never end but I had to stop driving on my snow setup.

Purchased a set of winter wheels/tires yesterday from Tire Rack. After some back and forth on the SVT hotline, I went with the recommended size from the ST supplement (195/45 16). Unfortunately, the only winter tire in this size is the Pirelli Snow Control II - a performance snow tire. The ice traction isn't as good as say, a Blizzak, but the snow is pretty sporadic here, it's mostly the temperature (20 and below) that necessitates snow tires. Mounted on a set of 16x7 Sparco's.

I won't have a chance to put them on until this weekend (need to pickup a torque wrench and set aside a couple hours), but they look nice:

Purchased a set of winter wheels/tires yesterday from Tire Rack. After some back and forth on the SVT hotline, I went with the recommended size from the ST supplement (195/45 16). Unfortunately, the only winter tire in this size is the Pirelli Snow Control II - a performance snow tire. The ice traction isn't as good as say, a Blizzak, but the snow is pretty sporadic here, it's mostly the temperature (20 and below) that necessitates snow tires. Mounted on a set of 16x7 Sparco's.

I won't have a chance to put them on until this weekend (need to pickup a torque wrench and set aside a couple hours), but they look nice:

Sparcos
by cinderbike, on Flickr

I didn't buy the TPMS sensors, but if the light drives me crazy they are pretty cheap online.
Sparcos by cinderbike, on Flickr

I didn't buy the TPMS sensors, but if the light drives me crazy they are pretty cheap online.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.