Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
61 - 80 of 216 Posts
If you don't need chains, going to a 195/50 16 would give you even more sidewall and a slightly better ride. You could probably get away with 205/50 16's but I imagine that's pushing it.
I've got 195/50x16 ContiDWS's ready to go on next month. Will report on ride differences then.

Here are my 15's mounted and I test drove the car the same way I did with the bigger tires and NO rubs at all... Did weigh the tires/rims and the 15's went at 35 lb's wheel and tire and the stock (17''s) tires/rims where 42 lb's
During the drive I notice the car leaned or rolled a bit more but the trade off was a much nicer ride on cold tires as it was 28 degF this am and the stock tires felt square till they warmed up these seem to give a smooth less harsh ride owing to the taller sidewall is my thought. A fair price to pay for winter traction....
Again the wheels are MSW type 23 on close out at Tirerack and the tire size is 195/55/15 Blizzak WS60.
here is the factory rim for reference as to the brake gap
The=is size tire was a little shorter and a little narrower then the factory so it fit no prob and the brake clearance as you can see while not gapping it will work...
Hope this helps
Thanks for the pics. Thinking about getting the same wheels/tires but just want to make absolutely sure of the brake clearance. Would you be able to measure the smallest clearance between the outside edge of the caliper and the inner surface of the wheel barrel, as well as the smallest clearance between the face of the caliper and the inner face of the wheel (i.e. spokes)?

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #64 ·
I got some 16x7 4x108 Rota slipstreams in flat black.:) Offset is 40mm. Got Nokian hakka R2 195/50-r16's. Size is same as stock on my SES, but 1" less wheel diameter than the ST.
I'm getting the same size Hakka R2's installed this Saturday on some 16x7 Core Racing classic 5 spokes in matte black :happy:Now it probably won't snow much this winter which is fine by me:mischievous:

I just ordered a set of black Motegi MR125's in a 16 X 7 with the Pirelli 195/45-16 snow tires. I figure the MPH error at 70 is only about 1.5 and even less at lower speeds. With the Race Red and the blackout grille and trim I figure the car will look pretty sharp with this combo.

Discussion starter · #72 ·
I'm getting the same size Hakka R2's installed this Saturday on some 16x7 Core Racing classic 5 spokes in matte black :happy:Now it probably won't snow much this winter which is fine by me:mischievous:

Here's the wheel I went with. I think they will look sharp with the red calipers and the rest of the car blacked out..

Went with Tire Rack's recommendation of 205 45 16. Wasn't a big fan of how the OEM rims looked and wanted a little more sidewall to smoothen the roads a bit. They are lighter rims so an expert on the site said the speedometer would be off a bit (ie.. with the speed traps) but it also means better gas mileage. Please post the picture as soon as you do the install.

61 - 80 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.