Winter Tires/ Wheel's

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Mikeygti, Aug 16, 2013.

1. BPM

BPM New Member

What are you guys doing when it comes to the TPMS?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

They are 195/50/16 Hakka R2's

4. speedprotege

speedprotege Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Tried one on

jimlau, brian and Smokin like this.
  5. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Those look fantastic! Love the wheel choice.

6. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

[​IMG]
    Same shot larger version :)

Firesail likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike Member

Simply Awesome!! Gives it a very clean look. Let us know how they ride. Thank You

8. lessard.dcj

lessard.dcj New Member

I kept mine in my winters and ill install new ones when i buy wheels for summer.

9. eRic

eRic Active Member

I bought a set of (4) TPMS sensors from fordparts.com and had them installed on my second set of wheels.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  10. Removed

Removed Guest

Nothing. I'll live with the light for 4 months a year... I can still disable traction control so there's no reason other than the dash light.

11. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Sooo Frickin SEXY! I would use them as summer wheels if it were me.

12. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I'm 99% sure on this setup for me:

RX/Winter setup: 16x7 Sparco Terra Light Grey wheels with 195/55x16 Blizzak WS70: Dia 24.4"; 854 rpm
    AX/Summer Setup: 16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara Matte Graphite wheels with 225/45x16 Dunlop Direzza ZII: Dia 23.9"; 873 rpm
    OEM = 23.5"; 887 rpm

So, what's the opinion on the tire sizes from those of you who have already fitted non-OEM tires?

moshaholic2 and Royper like this.
  13. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

STWinter2.JPG

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  14. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I put 205/45R17 (24.3" diameter) all season tires on mine and the rear tires rub the liner occasionally when hitting bumps. I'm going to swap these out for smaller tires. I would avoid tires over 24" diameter.

15. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Yeah, that seems to be what I'm reading...keep them under 24"

16. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

The ST will ding at you and display a warning message with every engine start up without TPMS, unlike the 2011-13 cars that just illuminated a light on the dash. Since the ding is highly annoying, I will get a second set of sensors for the winter tires.

17. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Too bad it rubs cause I really like the looks of the tires on thos wheels.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

18. Removed

Removed Guest

I might pick up a set online for cheap and have the mounted down the road, but it's not high on the priority list.

19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

How long till I get the light and the ding ?? Car has been with winter tires and no sensors a few days now again and away from where the factory tires are in my garage overnight while I'm at work !! Like 13 hrs straight bout the only thing I can think is when it's parked the car resets the tpms as it senses the other tires. But still if I'm miles away for 13 hrs and no alarm hate to think when it will tell me I have a flat or low pressure... Just sayin

20. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

That's the same phenomenon I have with my 11, my summers with tpms are in the garage with my car overnight which resets the sensors, and it takes quite awhile for the car to recognize a fault. I carry a tire gauge in my glove box to check the pressure occasionally.

21. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Same here. I always get the light and chime at the same spot , about 20 minutes after leaving the garage.