Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
81 - 100 of 216 Posts
Went with Tire Rack's recommendation of 205 45 16. Wasn't a big fan of how the OEM rims looked and wanted a little more sidewall to smoothen the roads a bit. They are lighter rims so an expert on the site said the speedometer would be off a bit (ie.. with the speed traps) but it also means better gas mileage. Please post the picture as soon as you do the install.

Tried one on

I'm 99% sure on this setup for me:

RX/Winter setup: 16x7 Sparco Terra Light Grey wheels with 195/55x16 Blizzak WS70: Dia 24.4"; 854 rpm
AX/Summer Setup: 16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara Matte Graphite wheels with 225/45x16 Dunlop Direzza ZII: Dia 23.9"; 873 rpm
OEM = 23.5"; 887 rpm

So, what's the opinion on the tire sizes from those of you who have already fitted non-OEM tires?

I'm 99% sure on this setup for me:

RX/Winter setup: 16x7 Sparco Terra Light Grey wheels with 195/55x16 Blizzak WS70: Dia 24.4"; 854 rpm
AX/Summer Setup: 16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara Matte Graphite wheels with 225/45x16 Dunlop Direzza ZII: Dia 23.9"; 873 rpm
OEM = 23.5"; 887 rpm

So, what's the opinion on the tire sizes from those of you who have already fitted non-OEM tires?
I put 205/45R17 (24.3" diameter) all season tires on mine and the rear tires rub the liner occasionally when hitting bumps. I'm going to swap these out for smaller tires. I would avoid tires over 24" diameter.

I put 205/45R17 (24.3" diameter) all season tires on mine and the rear tires rub the liner occasionally when hitting bumps. I'm going to swap these out for smaller tires. I would avoid tires over 24" diameter.
Yeah, that seems to be what I'm reading...keep them under 24"

The ST will ding at you and display a warning message with every engine start up without TPMS, unlike the 2011-13 cars that just illuminated a light on the dash. Since the ding is highly annoying, I will get a second set of sensors for the winter tires.

The ST will ding at you and display a warning message with every engine start up without TPMS, unlike the 2011-13 cars that just illuminated a light on the dash. Since the ding is highly annoying, I will get a second set of sensors for the winter tires.
I might pick up a set online for cheap and have the mounted down the road, but it's not high on the priority list.

How long till I get the light and the ding ?? Car has been with winter tires and no sensors a few days now again and away from where the factory tires are in my garage overnight while I'm at work !! Like 13 hrs straight bout the only thing I can think is when it's parked the car resets the tpms as it senses the other tires. But still if I'm miles away for 13 hrs and no alarm hate to think when it will tell me I have a flat or low pressure... Just sayin

How long till I get the light and the ding ?? Car has been with winter tires and no sensors a few days now again and away from where the factory tires are in my garage overnight while I'm at work !! Like 13 hrs straight bout the only thing I can think is when it's parked the car resets the tpms as it senses the other tires. But still if I'm miles away for 13 hrs and no alarm hate to think when it will tell me I have a flat or low pressure... Just sayin
That's the same phenomenon I have with my 11, my summers with tpms are in the garage with my car overnight which resets the sensors, and it takes quite awhile for the car to recognize a fault. I carry a tire gauge in my glove box to check the pressure occasionally.

That's the same phenomenon I have with my 11, my summers with tpms are in the garage with my car overnight which resets the sensors, and it takes quite awhile for the car to recognize a fault. I carry a tire gauge in my glove box to check the pressure occasionally.
Same here. I always get the light and chime at the same spot , about 20 minutes after leaving the garage.

81 - 100 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.