Wiring photos for factory backup camera

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by DirtyBlueshirt, Aug 24, 2013.

1. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Well, for the hatch end, anyways. It all bundles into one harness , breaks out to a side connector (the green one) for the camera, and up the hatch pillar to the roof.

The assembly has its own part number, "D2BB-14A227-AB" called "WRG.ASM-LICENSE PLATE WITH RVC 5DR" (RVC=Rear View Camera). It's not on fordparts.com yet.

2013-08-24 16.29.07
    par Aaron Slater, on ipernity
    2013-08-24 16.29.26
    2013-08-24 16.29.49
    2013-08-24 16.31.08
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

MGORDON New Member

Is that on an ST?

Any changes needed to the display/software to get a camera working when in reverse?

Either way, WANT.
  4. DirtyBlueshirt

No, it's on my 2014 Titanium. The ST doesn't have a backup camera, so I was providing reference of the factory install to see what can be "plugged in". Wether or not the ST has a receiving harness to accept this without running wire all the way to the dash, I don't know. And even if it does, the head unit connection could be another question altogether.

Just pieces in a puzzle :)
  5. wash

wash Active Member

Thanks for the pics.

Do you think you could punch your VIN in to ETIS?

Comparing the data between an ST and a Titanium might provide a clue about whether the wiring harness is common to both cars.

So how do you like the camera?

I've never had a car with one but since I have a navigation package, I figure I might as well have one more bell and whistle on there.
  6. DirtyBlueshirt

It's all there. Love the camera so far. I'm always backing into parking spots so it helps.

Attached Files:

7. PeteBrace

PeteBrace New Member

The ST3 in the UK now has the camera as an option.