would you buy recaros from ford racing?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by stealth fighter, Dec 1, 2014.

1. stealth fighter

stealth fighter New Member

They sell aftermarket recaros for the focus st but they are still evaluating if they will do the same for the fiesta st.... The advantage to their recaros is that they support the factory air bags and sensors and can be had for under 2k... When I was shopping before I bought I realized that only a very small percent of new or used cars have the factory recaros and those that did were vastly overpriced or hundreds if not thousands of miles away

Based on my research the likelihood of fiesta st owners to autocross and/or appreciate good racing seats far exceeds focus st owners

If you're interested in fiesta st recaros from ford racing post here and show them that there is a demand so that they will offer them for sale!!!
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stealth fighter

stealth fighter New Member

4. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I would be hard pressed to pay $2k to Ford for a set of recaros, when I could get a set of Sparco, Bride, or Recaro seats from vendors for less money, and that have pass-throughs for 4, 5 and 6 point harnesses.
  5. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

It seems like the majority of those that get on forums had the Recaro's already optioned. Those that didn't, as Kay mentioned, are probably better served with something more versatile. I only recall seeing a couple of threads ever of people that wanted to swap their non-Recaro's for Recaro's, and they seemed to be more like the type that wanted to option without spending money.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    OrangeFist and BlackBird like this.
  6. eRic

eRic Active Member

7. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

I would absolutely buy them right now. I regret not getting the Recaro package. I would pay someone too much money to trade seats with me.
  8. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

hey guys, just to note. I've been looking at what differences there are between the focus recaros and the fiesta recaros. So far, it only seems like the difference is the frame that mounts to the floor. The seat back frame is the same part #. The mounting parts for the seat bottoms are the same. The lumber adjuster is in a different spot which may have some clearance issues.
  9. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Interesting, so you think it might just be a matter of swapping the seat bottoms? Though, it might not be the same for me since I have the base seats, and not the Recaros.
  10. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

horrorbiz likes this.
  11. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Oh cool, do you have any idea if they can be made to work in the FiST? If I knew they'd work I'd order in a heartbeat. I just don't want to buy them, and not be able to get them to work.
  12. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Steve, I just emailed you! :thumbsup:
  13. Roger

Roger New Member

Steve, can you verify what the OP said about the Fiesta seats and also, if the Focus seats are the only ones to be available and once they are all gone, they are gone....what exactly will we need to convert them to fit the Fiesta ST. $1100 is a great price!
  14. Steve@Tasca

What am I verifying abut the Fiesta seats?

I have no clue what it would take to put the Focus seats in a Fiesta, I do know the price dropped even further though. I can now do them for $659.00 plus shipping.

15. Roger

Roger New Member

Oh okay, just wanted to see if you knew. Thanks. Is that $659 plus shipping for the pair???
  16. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

hey steve,

i just wanted to get some clarification. That is $659 plus ship for the ford focus recaro seat? Driver and or passenger?
    if so, then would you please paste the web link? I'll definitely order one today or tomorrpw and test the fitment in a fiesta after i also get the seat slider base.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    horrorbiz likes this.
  17. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Wow, that makes me want to buy them to try to see if I can make them work. I'm local as well so I could save shipping. I bet someone could modify the mounts it needed. I assume all electronics would be the same...
    ElChupacabura likes this.
  18. Steve@Tasca

I can't do a web link at the moment because our website pricing hasn't even caught this price change yet, I'd need to have you call this one in or give it until later today when we should have the price fixed on the site and I can send you a link.

19. Steve@Tasca

If you're local you wouldn't pay shipping but you would obviously have sales tax. Get you one way or the other right?

I also wouldn't assume anything about the electronics. I can tell you for sure that the seat airbags have different part numbers, then you have to think about weight and position sensors etc.

Odds are these will not be a simple plug and play option.

horrorbiz likes this.
  20. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Okay, thanks for the input. Maybe it's not worth the risk. Seems like it might be easier to go aftermarket as I was planning... or keep patiently waiting for a FiST set.
  21. rushinge

rushinge New Member

I thought I read somewhere that the Focus recaro seats are a little wider than the Fiesta ones. Is that the case?