would you buy recaros from ford racing?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by stealth fighter, Dec 1, 2014.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

They will not fit our cars. I asked someone to measure a while back.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

... Here are Focus Recaro Seats (from Tasca) in my FiST.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/need/embed/slideshow/FiST/Recaro Seats

You can deal with the side airbags so that you have fiesta side airbags in the seats. Taking the backseat cover off isnt to bad. Otherwise you can splice the focus airbags to work... Or at least i think they'll work. Not sure how to test without testing them which is why my drivers seat is the only focus airbag. I did switch the passenger airbag.

Seat belt buckles are different, but you can swap those easily.

Otherwise you just need the fiesta slider base and the seat bolster plastic reinforcement from the recaro seats. That plastic is riveted, so you'll have to drill the rivets out. I used 10mm bolt and nuts to keep it together.

Oh, passenger seat sensor. It is just held by plastic tabs.

As far as size... My seat belt may get caught between the seat and the side so I'll coax it a little. Otherwise, no issues.

4. xvxax

xvxax New Member

Ca5p3r, can you host those pictures anywhere except photobucket? I'm having trouble seeing them in all three browsers I have here.

imgur is a good choice. Thank you!

5. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

They're also discontinued from FRPP now so your only hope if you want them is used.

6. xvxax

xvxax New Member

The Focus seats are all over ebay.

7. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

I'll try. I'm dealing with moving and training and everything that comes with going to a new base... So I'll get to it sometime?