ZII vs R1R

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by Mister_Mino, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

Yeah, they aren't pinched at all IMO.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Ordering mine next week. First MSNE event we go to lets swap cars for a run...I will have Konis and basically the same wheel set up...you have a front sway and i would like to see how that feels before I put one on.

4. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

And mine (225/45/16 Direzza ZII Star Specs) are on the way! Had to sacrifice on the wheels, though, to save a little cash--instead of the Sparcos, I went with closeout MSW wheels at $79/wheel. A pound and a half heavier than the Sparcos, but much lighter than stock wheels--and the rubber is better, too, of course. Plus, I'll probably remain married. Probably.

Slowclimb likes this.
  5. Note that TR has a $50 rebate now (Visa Gift Card) on the Z2StarSpec if you buy four tires :)

jimclark likes this.
  6. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Actually hadn't seen that--nice! Thanks. You've just extended my marriage by at least a week!

7. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Just ordered mine...the 50 dollars will pay for my new numbers.

8. ElChupacabura

ElChupacabura New Member

Just ordered my Dunlops with a set of 16" sparcos should be here by the weekend. I'm going to try and plasti-dip the wheels gold and see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

My baby's new shoes arrived today! They're in the corner of the garage, awaiting the first signs of spring. (Or the upcoming Test & Tune, whichever comes first.) Sounds like everyone and their brother is gonna be on Dunlop Star Specs. Although I might know of an exception or two. Looking forward to getting things rolling. <Ahem.>

10. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

mine are due in today...must have come from a close distribution center.

jimclark likes this.
  11. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

24 hours after placing the order these showed up....

[​IMG]

Hopefully these will help shave a couple tenths off my times from the stock tires I ran last year ;)

Now, just got to do something about his weather.....

12. Mightymango

Ahh...in the snow!!! Get those things inside pronto!

13. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

They are tucked in safe and sound now...with their friends the Konis

14. Mightymango

Mine will be arriving tomorrow so I will have a fresh set for Iowa next month.

Slowclimb likes this.
  15. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I am seriously hoping that between tires, konis and alignment - with possibly a front bar the car comes alive more than last year...at least in HS even if it does not feel like I want it to it will be competitive.

jimclark likes this.
  16. MacDubois

MacDubois New Member

Just ordered my Sparcos/Z2*s. Just like everybody else. Good thing the cars will be numbered at events so we can tell them apart...

17. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I bet Tire Rack has a shorthand for the DZ2SS/Sparco combo: FISTAX1.

18. Mightymango

Ours especially

19. ElChupacabura

ElChupacabura New Member

Yup I just got my combo plastidipped and mounted yesterday. Can't wait until the next event, so I can try them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. jkinan100

jkinan100 New Member

Just ordered my 225/45/16 ZII Star Specs on Enkei J10 rims. Should be able to find my car in a sea of Sparcos. Can't wait for spring!

21. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Looks like I'll be going with the RE-71Rs. Pretty sure 205/45/16...