Winter Tires/ Wheel's

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Mikeygti, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Bdud

Bdud New Member

Thanks for the pictures. I will check there tonight. My wife is driving with her just fitted 205/45R17 winters on stock wheels. My wife was driving yesterday with Focus SVT wheels with summer 215/45R17's and she mentioned no rub. We also drove 2 days with Blizzak WS70 215/45R17 on a different set of Focus SVT wheels and they had no problem.
    Was your tire rubbing on both sides at the back?
    What size wheels were you using?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

If you park the car near your summer set, assuming they still contain the tpms, it'll reset the receiver in the car.

4. Bdud

Bdud New Member

Yes the car was parked next to the original wheels, but I thought they detect the wheel spinning to wake up?
    I have a 2013 Focus ST and have winter wheels and tires with TPMS in both. I have not reprogrammed or reset the TPMS in that car either but I know that car detects low tire pressure correctly with some eBay TPMS's even with my stock wheels/TPMS's in the attic above.

5. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

This is my third winter without tpms for my 11 SES, and it has done this every winter. It takes about 30 minutes for the dummy light to come on. I don't thing there's any motion sensor component on the Fiesta, but I could be wrong. Even so, it's always good to have a gauge in the boot.

6. Soundman22

Soundman22 New Member

Winter came early in Michigan, so I put my snow tires from my Focus on the Fiesta ST. I am using the stock 2000 ZX3 15" wheels with General Altimax Arctic 185/65R15. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on those rear wheel well liners. I was seeing rubbing with similar sized tires.

8. MoltenST

MoltenST New Member

Thanks for the response. I actually went ahead and bought those wheels (and coincidentally the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires as well) since I was worried about stock running out and prices going up. My Fiesta ST still hasn't arrived yet so it's good to hear from a second person that those wheels will fit. My dealer had been telling me that 15" wheels wouldn't fit the Fiesta ST (despite me pointing out that the full-sized spare it comes with is 15", and the Ford SVT hotline telling me that any 15" or 16" wheel from the regular Fiesta lineup would be just fine). Getting a simple straight answer about winter wheels has been waaaaaay more difficult than it ever should be. :S Now all I need is a car to put these wheels on!

Thanks also to everyone on this forum for sharing their experiences - great resource for people looking for information that dealers don't seem to have (or don't want to provide...).

9. Soundman22

Soundman22 New Member

I just checked on the car, and so far I don't see any rubbing or marks. Thanks for the heads up, I will keep watching that. Also I did want to say that I check the speedo to my GPS with this wheel and tire setup and it is dead on to 75 mph. I don't like going too fast on snow tires.

10. Bdud

Bdud New Member

I checked my wives car. No rubbing with 215/45R17, 205/45R17 and the stock 205/40R17.
    Not sure why yours snag WScottCross.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Firesail and doudou like this.
  11. doudou

doudou Member

cool to hear that , thank s for information and pics

12. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Like I said, there may be some variances in the liners and mine is shaped a bit differently.

13. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I like the way the 205 45 17's fills out the wheel well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Speaking of these rear wheel liners has anyone else noticed the gap between the steel fender and the liner as it runs along the top of the wheel well ?
    Like a felt liner then a gap and then the steel of the fender... Can't wait till that loads up with snow and salt crud....

15. Hiramw

Hiramw New Member

You are welcome. I hope your ST arrives soon. I am enjoying mine more, the more I drive it.

Hiram

16. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

They definitely do that...

17. S2r

S2r New Member

Hey Bdud - what is the white car reflecting in your black ST? FoST? Escape?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  18. Bdud

Bdud New Member

Good guess, FoST.

19. covert1

covert1 New Member

I swapped my grey EAP SVT Focus wheels to the FiST this past Saturday, but was unable to complete the shortcut TPMS learning procedure that was mentioned on one of the Focus forums (also in a convenient Youtube video). Learning mode did pop up like the video clip suggested and in looking back, it's possible that I just didn't start off with a high enough PSI value before I released the air pressure.

I don't think the installer forgot to put in my TireRack TPMS modules, but I guess I will find out the truth when my TPMS reset tool arrives. I receive the TPMS malfunction error, so I'm thinking the sensors are present but just not cooperating.

20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I get the dash light while im driving and when I shut off the car and restart it I ONLY get the dash light slow blink then solid on and a 5 second warning on the MFT screen about TPMS.. No dings no noise only a goofy tire with a ! in the center,,, So it is like someone here or someplace said their dealer said No Dingbells :) yeah !!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  21. doudou

doudou Member

thank s rodmoe , 160$ more in my Pocket .

RodMoe likes this.